Monday, January 19, 2009

Palo Alto Market Update, Jan 19th: Single Family Homes

Here's today's snapshot of the Palo Alto market:

65 active listings
16 pending sales
1 sold in last week

What does this mean? Not much change from last week. The inventory is still pretty low. All of the pending sales are under 2 million. The ratio of active to pending sales overall is about 1 to 4, but then ratio of active to pending under 2 million is less than 1 to 2. There are 43 active listings under 2 million. I maintain my prediction from last week that the under 2 million market is fairly healthy right now, and I don't see any drops in prices. The over 2 million market is stagnant. Those homes may be sold at large discounts if the sellers are motivated. What we don't know is how many of these sellers are motivated and how many are willing to wait, or will just snatch those homes off the market.

If you are interested in finding the final selling price of any home, anywhere, you can do it on my website. Click here to go to my site. Once there, click on Cyberhome Home Valuation. you can then type in any address to get the county records.

If you have any questions please, contact me. I'm always here to help!

Marcy Moyer Intero Real Estate
marcy@marcymoyer.com
650-619-9285

No comments: