Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Obama's Top Dog Picks: Labradoodle or Portuguese Water Dog

My dog, Demi, a black labradoodle. Isn't she cute?!

All the news casts this morning were abuzz with updates on the Obama's ongoing search for the perfect puppy--apparently, the family has narrowed their search down to two breeds. They're considering either a Labradoodle, or a Portuguese Water Dog. Both of these dogs are hypoallergenic, which is obviously very important to this family. Also, President Elect Obama has been quoted as saying he wants a real dog, as a opposed to a little wimpy one, and both of these breeds feature dogs big enough to satisfy the future President. Labradoodles range in size from 14 inches to much, much bigger, depending on the line. Portuguese Water Dogs usually weight between 40 and 60 pounds. Ted Kennedy has Portuguese Water Dogs.

The reason this topic interests me particularly is because I have a small (16 inches!) black labradoodle, who is often mistaken for a Portuguese Water Dog, and I want to go on record as having my dog for almost 2 years now. Despite my great admiration for the Obama family, I am not copying them. I did this before they did. I expect a huge surge in the popularity of either of these breeds once one is picked, and I don't want people to think I am a copy cat! 

Also, I love my dog, Demi, and could spend all my time writing about her instead of real estate, but then who would that help? So, I will continue to keep all of you updated on real estate in the Silicon Valley, including Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Mountain View, and Sunnyvale, among other cities, and only occasionally bore you with my dog stories! 

No comments: