Monday, September 20, 2010

Why I Love Almaden


I have some clients who want to buy a home in Campbell or Cambrian in the $750 to 900K range.  We have been looking about a month and they have not found anything that fits all of their criteria.  So, being the flexible realtor that I am, or strive to be, I went to look in Almaden Valley. It has been a couple of years since I have looked at houses there and I forgot how much I like it. It is beautiful with wide street, gorgeous mountain views, and lush landscaping.  I was struck by how much nicer the neighborhoods fell than in the more crowded cities like Santa Clara or Campbell. I was also struck by the relatively good values you can find in Almaden.


I looked at a number of homes on Oak Canyon  and Cerro Verde among others and for eight hundred to nine hundred thousand you can get 2500 square feet, nicely remodeled homes on 7,000 to 9,000 square foot lots.  The schools are excellent and recreational and cultural amenities abundant. And the scenery is breath taking.  

My clients agreed.  I do not know if they will end up buying one of the homes they saw today, but they loved what they saw and were very happy to be exposed to this lovely community.

No comments: