Saturday, February 28, 2009

Palo Alto Market Update, Feb 26th: Single Family Homes

Here's today's snapshot of the Palo Alto market--

123 active listings
25 pending sales

I'm in too much shock to deal with the sold homes. I'll get to that in my next post but I wanted to get this information out. 

What does this mean?
Last Dec. I commented that if Palo Alto's inventory got up to 120 active listings we'd be in trouble. Well, we are. There hasn't been this many homes for sale since 2001. We all know what happened then. The reasons for the decreased inventory are different than in 2001, but the results will probably be the same. I can only hope that sellers don't try to insult the buyer's intelligence, and that the buyers treat sellers with respect--even if they don't respect the asking prices. 

More on closed sales and price drops tomorrow. I'm off to the theatre tonight--my only occasional night off. Going to see "I Am My Own Wife" at the San Jose Stage Company, my very favorite area theatre.

If you're interested in finding the final selling price of any home, anywhere, you can do it on my website. Click here to get to my site. Once there, click on Cyberhome Home Valuation. You can then type in any address next to the search icon to get the  county records. 

If you need anything else or have any questions about the market, please contact me. I'm here to help.

Marcy Moyer, Intero Real Estate
650-619-9285
marcy@marcymoyer.com

No comments: