Sunday, October 3, 2010

BEST OF PALO ALTO # 1

Every year the Palo Alto Weekly releases their “Best of... List” and this year got me thinking, “What do my family and I consider the best places to eat and shop in Palo Alto?”  This is the first installment in an ongoing series about personal favorites in my city.


BEST BURRITO


Chipotle is the burrito of choice for the Weekly.  And while you shouldn’t get me started on how much I love a Chipotle burrito bowl, for me the best burrito is new-comer Sancho’s Taqueria on Lytton.   Sancho’s was opened at the end of last year by Adam Torres (a former cook at the Michelin-starred Village Pub) who also heads a Sancho's in Redwood City and La Tiendita in East Palo Alto.

Although the burritos are gigantic, they certainly don't sacrifice quality for quantity.  What makes them the best is the absolutely to-die-for refried beans they serve.  With fresh meat and seafood, plenty of vegetarian options, and an comprehensive salsa bar, Sancho’s is going to be around for a long while.


*Found this Sancho's burrito photo on the wonderful Silicon Valley dining blog Foodgal.  


No comments: