Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Green elephant In Palo Alto is still Fantastic!

Green Elephant Palo Alto
The Green Elephant is a combo Chinese/Burmese Restaurant on Middlefield Rd. in the Piazza Shopping Center at the corner of Charleston. I’ve never actually eaten in the restaurant, but get take out from there all the time.  There are many wonderful dishes, but I just want to give you my person favorite.

Nutty, fruity, shrimp.  This dish is so good it deserves its own blog post. This is the most wonderful combination of shrimp, mangos, pineapple, papaya, peppers, cashews, and some kind of sauce. You can order it with brown rice, white rice, or pineapple fried rice. This is my comfort food.

Also available are nutty fruity chicken or nutty fruity tofu. If you are in south Palo Alto it is worth a try. I have never seen this dish anywhere else, but I don’t get out much, so maybe it’s available in lots of places. If so, trust me, try it!

I wrote this blog in 2009 and it is as true today as it was then. But there are some updates to my obsession with this fabulous restaurant.

First of all The Green Elephant has just instituted a new way to obtain this delicious food. They have a new website: http://www.greenelephantpaloalto.com where you can order your food from your computer or smart phone.

Another change is my favorite dish. While I still love nutty fruity shrimp, I have recently discovered my new favorite dish, 

Forget what you know about salads from any American menu and try this fabulous concoction! You will not be dissappointed.

Recently one of my neighbors passed. We had a goup of neighbors go to the Green Elephant for a mini memorial dinner. He would have been happy to see if his close friends and neighbors remember him at his favorite restaurant.

Bon Appitite!

Marcy Moyer
marcy@marcymoyer.com
BRE 01191194
650-619-9285

No comments: