Wednesday, November 10, 2010

BIG SUR HALF MARATHON

Look for me this Sunday and you will find me here...


...Running the Big Sur Half Marathon.   This is a bit of a misnomer as the race actually takes place in Monterey and the surrounding area.   The race begins on Del Monte Avenue in Monterey and passes by some of my favorite spots in all of California...Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, and the Monterey Bay aquarium.


After that's it's onto Pacific Grove, up to the Point Pinos Lighthouse and then back to the Wharf for the award ceremony and hot minestrone soup.    Normally when I go to Monterey I prefer clam chowder, but after running a half marathon that doesn't sound too appealing.



I'm told people tend to take longer running this marathon than others, because of how often they stop to take pictures!  And I can believe it, because it's truly one of the most beautiful places in the state.  


No comments: